Tuesday, December 6, 2011

2011














Ok I know it's been awhile since my last post. Ummm..... 1yr and 5 months to be exact.
Lets just catch up Mike was sick for about 3 months of 2011 (Jan-march). When we finally
got his Chron's all under control he gave us a big scare with is MPE In April. After 4 days in ICU
and a week's stay at Mike's own personal Marriott also known as Kaiser Fontana. He came home
a new man. Me on the other hand I think I mentally checked out for a few months! HAHAHA
June the the kids and I took a camping trip with my sister and some old friends from Upland.
We had a blast it was so nice to spend time with all of them. July my dad had his 3rd (I think)
back surgery to attempt to fix a broken fusion and vertebrae. A simple procedure, and we
thought he'd be in a week... ummm nope just over 3 months of a few battles and a lot of Physical therapy
he finally came home! In September we were blessed with a wonderful GIFT... a vacation!
Mike and I took a week long cruise to Alaska with all of his siblings and his Parents. It was Heaven,
so breathtakingly beautiful and so relaxing! Mike and I really needed that week with out the kids to
recharge our batteries. Also in Sept. Mike turned 40! After all the crazy happenings this year I naturally
threw him a .... 80's Prom Birthday Party. I'm so grateful for all of our friends who came and celebrated
with us. So after a super CRAZY, SCAREY, EMOTIONAL and CHAOTIC year. Mike and I are so glad that 2011 is nearly over.
I'm so thankful for friends who have stood by us through this past year and the NEW ones that were made.
I know this year that me and my family have been TESTED and STRETCHED to the max. But guess what WE made it with the help of FRIENDS and our HEAVENLY FATHER!
Now all we have say is.... BRING ON 2012!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Wow!!!What a year, I can see you wanting to log that one away in a file and close the drawer. The trip to Alaska sounds like one to remember though!
Could you email me your home address?
mutterdrei@gmail.com